Life & Disability Benefits
Eligible employees are offered company-paid Life and AD&D insurance in the event of your sudden passing, accidental death or dismemberment. If your death is caused by an accident, the plan includes an “Accident Death & Dismemberment” feature that pays an extra benefit. Basic Life and AD&D benefits are reduced as you age.
Employee Assistance Program
We know that life doesn’t always go according to plan and that’s why we offer an important employee benefit called the Employee Assistance Program (EAP) through Mutual of Omaha. Employees can receive up to six (6) free face-to-face counselling sessions in the area in which you live.
Life & Disability Benefits
Short Term Disability
If you are unable to work due to a non-work-related illness or injury, eligible employees may be eligible for Short-Term Disability coverage. Please refer to your designated benefit guide for plan details, costs, and eligibility.
Long Term Disability
You may also be eligible for Long-Term Disability coverage which can be used once your Short-Term Disability benefits are exhausted. Please see your designated benefit guide for plan details, costs, and eligibility.
Voluntary Term Life and AD&D
For additional financial protection, you can elect Voluntary Life and AD&D insurance. You can purchase coverage for yourself, your spouse and your dependent children.
- Employee: Up to $500,000 in $10,000 increments ($200,000 is guaranteed)
- Spouse: Up to $250,000 in $5,000 increments ($50,000 is guaranteed)
- Child: Choose $5,000 or $10,000
Voluntary Life and AD&D Rates
Employee maximum coverage: $500,000. Spouse maximum coverage: $250,000.
Weekly flat rate for all children covered
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I report my FML and/or STD claim?
DBMG and GrayWolf employees can report your request for leave by using one of the three methods below:
- Call: 1-877-FMLA-MOO (1-877-365-2666) between 7:30am and 9:30pm Central time
- Website: absencepro.absencemgmt.com
- Mobile App: Downloading “AbsencePro” from the app store (for Google Play or Apple iOS)
DBM, GrayWolf and Banker Steel employees should contact your Benefit/Leave Management Team on or before your first day of absence to report how long you plan to be absent.
When do I call?
DBM and GrayWolf employees should call AbsencePro as soon as you know you will be absent for any of the following reasons:
FML – If you have a serious health condition where you can’t do your job and you plan to be absent from work for:
- More than three days in a row
- Hours/days not in a row (intermittent)
- A hospitalization for any amount of time
- Birth of a child and care for a newborn child
- Placement of a child with you for adoption or foster care
- Care for a spouse, child or parent with a serious health condition
- Qualifying exigency reason(s) due to a family member’s military deployment
- Care for a family member who incurred a serious injury or illness in the line of active military duty
- Family medical appointment
- Alternate state leave – for yourself or a family member, including state leave laws for crime victims and victims of domestic violence
STD – If you plan to be absent from work for more than three days in a row due to your own disability.
What information do I need?
Before you call or go online please have this information handy:
- Your name, address, phone number, birth date, Social Security number and reason for your leave
- Date and cause of illness or injury
- First day of absence from work, as well as day you plan to return to work. If you are pregnant, please give your expected date of delivery
- Name, address and phone number of each doctor seen for the illness or injury causing the disability
- Date of first treatment or date of doctor’s appointment, as well as date of next treatment or appointment
- Previous history of illness or injury, any diagnostic testing that was performed, diagnosis information, treatment plan and recommended medications
What do you need to know after you’ve made a request?
- DBM and GrayWolf employees will be notified by AbsencePro each time they receive documentation for your absence. A decision packet will be sent via your preferred communication method within 48 hours of receipt of the documentation.
- When AbsencePro doesn’t receive documentation for your absence in time, they will send a reminder that your certification deadline is coming up and a decision packet once the deadline has passed. You can still submit paperwork after the deadline – it will process it according to your company’s policy regarding late paperwork, which may result in your absence being delayed or denied.